Pages, Ideas, Specials

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

This has been an interesting week.  I got great news yesterday, my dad's scans and tests came back clear!  My mom said she cried when they told her over the phone, I know she is relieved.  They are still going to watch things, but everything looks great now.  He has an appointment with a doctor this month to talk about Lupus, we'll see how that goes.  Giving God Praise with every step! 
I went to work on Monday but stayed in meetings, so Tuesday was the first day back in my classroom.  I was welcomed back with an interesting smell.  After a period of two I didn't notice it anymore (mainly because I can't hardly smell things anyway), except for the fact that every class mentioned it as they came in.  Today the smell was much worse, even I noticed it ALL DAY.  During 7th period I was teaching and walking around the room as I sometimes do and had a thought, I wonder if the smell is coming from the holes in my floors.  My classroom was originally set up for a Science Lab so there are the square things that can be pulled up.  I had already started looking in cabinets and in my desks draws.  I always make sure that I don't leave anything over long breaks so I don't come back to surprises.  I stopped and opened one of the squares and sure enough I found the reason for the smell.  It was about the size of my hand, nice and furry, and at some point I'm sure it liked cheese.  I'm hoping by tomorrow the smell will be gone.

I told you it's been interesting!

Yesterday I decided that Day 3 pic should be of my other child, the furry one, Tater.  MG got him for her birthday last year.  She tells people that he's her brother.  They fight like sister and brother and she blames things on him, seems like two siblings interacting to me.  Tater likes to run in the yard and he barks at the dogs in the yard behind ours, but mostly he sits on his "chair" in the living room.
Day 3

Tonight we went to church for Praise Band practice.  While there they were taking down Christmas decorations, MG pitched in so I snapped a pic.  Here she is standing with Justin, the youth leader and good friend of mine.  I think he is the only person at church that is louder than I am.

Day 4

Here's hoping the rest of the week goes good and smells good too!

1 comment: