Pages, Ideas, Specials

Monday, January 23, 2012

Rain and Pain

What a Monday it has been.  Robert woke me up around 5:00, started grabbing pillows and blankets and got MG and put us in the hallway.  We sat there a while, Praise the Lord we all stayed safe. My brother, who lives in Clay, is safe and his house seemed to make it through without any damage.  School was delayed 3 hours. 

Day 18
I love dressing up Tater.  For Christmas I got him a scarf, that he managed to lose 1 hour later.  A couple of weeks ago I found him a shirt at Wal-Mart in one of their dollar bins.  When I came in from church on Wednesday I found his shirt, which he was wearing when we left for church, laying in the living room which he apparently chewed off of himself.  That dog will chew anything!  I'm glad I only paid a dollar for it.

Day 19
Kindergarten is not just cut and paste.  MG has homework most school nights, which includes a reading binder.  Last week it had been two days and she hadn't brought home her reading binder.  After questioning and a note to the teacher it was discovered that she was "forgetting" her binder at school, if you know what I mean.  They sure do learn how to escape work early on.  By Thursday, it was a short week, we had a reading binder plus extra assignments that I came up with.  That's what she gets for having a teacher for a mom.  It took me a while to get this picture with an actual smile on her face. 


 Day 20
I love Fridays!  This Friday I didn't have much planned, but had a couple of friends who came for a visit.  There girls came too and MG quickly took them to her room to play the Wii.


Day 21 

Saturday morning brought lots of rain with it.  I didn't think it had rained too much until I looked outside.


Day 22

Sunday after church I wanted to take a picture of MG in her "big girl" dress, but she was more interested in getting Robert to show her how to use the compass she got from her Aunt K. Robert had been hunting all weekend so MG was anxiously waiting for him to come inside from the his shop. 


Day 23

This was a crazy Monday.  With the storms this morning, the delay in school, and I had a doctor's appointment after school.  Remember the MRI I had last week, I got the results today.  I got OK news.  I have two disks that are slightly bulging, which isn't a big deal, and one disk which is protruding.  The doc explained it like this:  three stages 1-bulging 2- protruding 3-ruptured.  He said that is what is causing my issues.  He doesn't think I need surgery, but I am consulting a Surgeon next week just to see what he says.  Physical therapy may be needed or possibly pain management, which I really don't want.  If I don't feel any pain I will over do it and end up hurting worse.  After all of that, it was a quick trip to Piggly Wiggly and a kid's microwave meal for MG for dinner.  She was thrilled and made her a nice picnic in the kitchen.


Special Prayer goes out to all those affected by the storms today.  Feel free to leave a prayer request under comments so I can pray for specific needs.  Thank you Lord for hearing our prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment